Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is the essential nature of a creature?

I had a dream last night where I was berated by Fish about the difference between alligators and crocodiles.

When I woke up, I thought not of the dream but about one of my favorite fables, the Monkey and the Crocodile though in the version I have heard so often, the crocodile eats the monkey because that is his true nature. This may be a variation of The Scorpion and the Frog with the roles reversed.

Anyway, in honor of that, I made a playlist that reflects the version of The Monkey and the Crocodile that I remember.

The Monkey & The Crocodile:
Modern Man - Arcade Fire
Paper And Glue - Emma Pollock
Is It Wicked Not To Care? - Belle And Sebastian
Tighten Up - The Black Keys
Freckle - Copper
Down By The Water - The Decemberists
This Is Why We Fight - The Decemberists
Love Like We Do - Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
Maybe I'm Amazed - Jem
Crosses - Jose González
Remember My Name - Keri Noble
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Suedehead - Morrissey
See America Right - The Mountain Goats
Lotus Flower - Radiohead
Empty - Ray LaMontagne
Jump In the River - Sinéad O'Connor
Call The Doctor - Sleater Kinney
Walking With a Ghost - Tegan and Sara
Throw It All Away - Feat. Sia - Zero 7
Bulletproof Weeks - Matt Nathanson



Only after that, did I remember being berated in the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.