Thursday, June 3, 2010

When is a Sinkhole not a Sinkhole?


Yes, you've seen it. You have to have seen it. If you haven't...above it what it looks like.

I will admit when I first saw it, I was skeptical about it. That can't be real?

Multiple shots from multiple sources dragged me out of my cynical shell.

Now, it isn't even a sinkhole?

"Geologist Sam Bonis said a sinkhole is defined as an area where bedrock has been eaten away by groundwater and the 100-foot deep, 66-foot wide hole that opened up during the weekend in the capital does not qualify, Discovery News reported.

He said the hole is instead a "piping feature" resulting from the pumice fill, ash flows from ancient volcanic eruptions, beneath the city. Bonis said the ash is 600 feet thick in some places.
" (Source)

No, I am sorry...a piping feature is something that smoking jackets have...this...

IS A BIG F***ING HOLE!

Whatever it is, it looks like the gateway to Hell, and I, for one, am terrified.

(Via The Awl)

1 comment:

  1. It's like this movie:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093075/

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.