Monday, June 6, 2011

And I am proud of TEA

TEA did not have a good game on Saturday.

Maybe it was the heat. Maybe the meal at Bros. Tacos wasn't what he was looking for as a pre-game meal. Maybe it was just not his day, but he looked off at the plate, even while he played well in the field...

But this is why I am proud of him...

The umpire screwed up during TEA's last at bat, and called strike three on the second strike. TEA knew it, I knew it, the coaches knew it, and the opposing players knew it. The ump did not.

Now, I know that arguing with twelve year olds is a bad idea...but...TEA handled it like a champ. He knew that he was screwed. He also realized that this happens, especially with arbitrary powers being enforced arbitrarily.

I am very proud of him for handling it like a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.