Monday, July 25, 2011

The Weekend Past

  • I went swimming for the first time in a year yesterday.  I thought that I had a good base tan.  Apparently I was wrong.*
  • In order to beat the heat, TEA and I went to the movies.  Twice.
  • We saw Harry Potter, which was surprisingly good, and Captain America which was a delight.
  • Friday, the music was the Spin compliation Newermind, Saturday was The Essential Bruce Springsteen, and yesterday was the combination of Steely Dan and Holy Roman Empire.
  • I started training in earnest for the Amica Providence Half Marathon.
  • My actions as an enabler were used for good, i.e. "Come on, get your ass out of bed and go for that run."
  • My toenail finally gave up the ghost.

And for those of you celebrating birthdays, enjoy...


*Edit: No, the polar plunge did not count.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for that encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but of course. If I a getting up and running in the morning, so are you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for yesterday, I guess when you got up and I continued to sleep until 10:15. I did eventually get the run in though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just happy that I remembered to call in my oxygen deprived state. You did go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.