Thursday, August 23, 2012

Notes from a Thursday

TEA and I made zucchini pancakes last night. Zucchini pancakes were one of the first things that I ever learned to make through experimentation, and while I have refined the recipe* over the years, it is a great memory for me. TEA may not have the same memories from this but it was great fun making it.

We watched a program called Adventure Time. Have you ever watched it? It was trippy. I mean it was really bizarre.

I am surprised that this is marketed as a children's program.
I have a new favorite ice cream. It is Edy's slow churned French Vanilla. Yes, it replaces fat with air but...it is so very very tasty and it absolves some of the guilt that I have for eating ice cream.
TEA and I are looking forward to having another good day together.

*Shred about four cups of zucchini. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini with a cup and a half of flour (I used white but you can adapt this to your dietary requirements), about a tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of kosher salt, a little more than a pinch of cayenne, a teaspoon of garlic powder, four medium eggs, and lots of fresh ground black pepper. Mix really well. Drop a ladle full on a well oiled pan and flip once, after about four minutes per side. I serve with hot sauce and a little bit of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.