Friday, April 24, 2009

Mike Tyson

K: At one point in the movie, he reads from Oscar Wilde's "The Ballad of Reading Gaol." Your idea, right?

JT: I asked him if he knew the poem, he said no. I said it's by Oscar Wilde. He said, "You know who Oscar Wilde's boyfriend was?" I said, Lord Alfred Douglas. He said, "You know who Douglas's father was?" I said, Yes, the Marquis of Queensbury. He said, "You know what the Marquis of Queensbury did? He started the Queensbury Boxing Rules."

K: Did that surprise you?

JT: It did. I have to say, if you'd asked me to lay odds on whether or not he would have known that Lord Alfred Douglas was Oscar Wilde's boyfriend, I probably would have put it at 10-to-1 against.

From: Kempt - Ringmaster

Based on Tyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.