Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Great Beer Walk 2010 - Recap


First of all, I want to thank everyone who came out for all the stop, or one of the stops, those who had good beer, and those who had water.

I would especially like to thank the owners and staff of Wolff's Biergarten, The Pearl Street Pub, The Hill Street Cafe, The Lionheart Pub, The Washington Tavern, and Mahar's Public Bar.

Thank you to @SandorS and @MikeWren for Tweeting the event.

Thanks to Steve Barnes and Kristi Gustafson for popularizing the event.

We had more than forty people at one point and it was a nice rambling mess. There were extended stops at The Hill Street and WT's for food, including Sarah's amazing ice cream sundae. While Erik stopped for food at almost every event, complaining at the end that he had eaten six meals.

If I had any complaints about this event, it would be that I wore the wrong shoes. Chuck Taylor's were not meant for that much walking. (Yes, I walked back to Wolff's with a friend after the event.)

I will do another on of these in the fall plus I am thinking about a monthly theme based walk. (More questions and ideas about them all will be forthcoming.)

I would love to hear feedback from people who did the walk, so...please share!

Here are a handful of pictures from the event (If you have any more, please post them to the Facebook event page.):
gbw10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.