Monday, September 13, 2010

Random Observations...

(More than most, this is self indulgent navel gazing.)

A) We had a family birthday party (my family) for TEA and I. It was a very good time.

Two items of note:

My brother decided that this was the perfect gift bag for me. Note the rhinestones and sparkles.



Secondly, even though TEA and I are both Batman guys, Dr. Dana insisted on getting a Spiderman cake because she likes Spiderman.



B) My mother finally figured out why I love HIMYM. It was a nice observation on her part and she did it without making me feel like an idiot, which he does unintenionally when it comes to my adoration of things like pop culture.

C) Speaking of pop culture, I just finished reading Empire Falls by Richard Russo (at the memory of it sitting on AmiJS' bookself for the bulk of our relationship) and I am kicking myself for not having read it sooner. It is an amazing piece of fiction.

D) After shaving this morning, and putting my glasses back on in order to complete my daily ritual, I noticed white (not silver) hairs at my temples, and it helped make me think of what I need to do to...grow up...I guess. I will take suggestions on what you may think is important.

E) I have found my Halloween costume.




2 comments:

  1. Well... at least your Qrank scores have improved dramatically. And it's not the temples but the pubes that should cause you pause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a.) I love the Tink bag...you always did have a fondness for all things fairy ;-)

    b.) I agree w/Sandor. The pubes should indeed cause you pause!

    c.) Glad you two had a nice family birthday party! (P.S. There are some good things to be said of Spiderman too :))

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.