Sunday, November 28, 2010

Random Things

1) I am irked by the use of "Seasons of Love" in commercials for jewelry at Macy's. Okay, I will face it, holiday commercials irk me, and holiday jewelry commercials make me homicidal. Most of the stuff that is advertised is gaudy at best and tacky generally, but using this song, from this show, is really tacky.


2)I had an...interesting weekend. That being said, I had, for the first time, the Flight of 8 at Brown's Brewing Company, and apart from the lager, they all tasted great, with my favorite being the Whiskey Porter.

3) I am going to do the 20 Movies in 20 Minutes meme but I think I may do it as a separate post.

4) The New York Football Giants made me very happy today. Combine that with turkey sandwiches, cold beer, clean laundry, and Bret Easton Ellis it became an awesome day.

But...

5) The WikiLeaks related postings that the NY Times have released (and Gawker has satirized)is wonderful. I am looking forward to more and more of these to come out.

5 comments:

  1. "Seasons of Love" is being used in a Macy's ad? Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original Broadway Cast recording...for cheesy jewelry...

    But I am sure that is true to the Bohemian message of the show, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Course that is the original message of the show! I mean, doesn't everyone walk out of the theater wanting to drape themselves in baubles or is that just me?

    I wonder if Yankee Candle has considered using "Light my Candle" for their ads. I mean, it's about candles, right???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking "I'll Cover You" as a duet between Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber for Cotton and "I Should Tell You" as a Hallmark/Timex cross promotion.

    I did post the commercial, and when I caught it the first time, I didn't realize how literal it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched the ad. Can you imagine the meeting, "So when they say 'In cups of coffee', we show--wait for it--a cup of coffee. I'll be BRILLIANT."

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.