Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I will not believe it until it passes and even then, I will still doubt

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, closely allied with the Senate Republican majority that once blocked gay marriage, said Tuesday he's now optimistic it will be legalized in New York.

"I know it's failed before, but I think this is a different day," Cuomo said. "I'll bring more urgency in the next few weeks."

The Democrat says he believes the Senate will produce the 32 votes needed for passage in the six weeks remaining in the legislative session. The GOP majority in the Senate has strongly supported Cuomo's fiscal platform, including cutting state spending, a 2-percent cap in the growth of property taxes and rejection of tax increases. Now Cuomo needs help to pass one of his highest priority policy goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.