Monday, May 21, 2012

Dogfish Head in Troy

The Ruck hosted a bevy of beers from the Dogfish Head Brewery.

My first beer of the tasting was the Ta Henket, which I found to be interesting however one of the people I was with, along with someone from the crowd, both self identified "beer people", thought that it tasted like sweat socks or other equally derisive flavors and fragrances.

The other beers that were tried:
World Wide Stout through a randall (featuring coffee and vanilla beans that were infused with Knob Creek) which has been given the moniker "Prestige World Wide" (if you do not get the reference, I feel for you).
Saison du BUFF through a randall (featuring pineapple and habenero) which is being called Dogfunkel Saisonala. This may be my favorite.
Sah Tea (which also was a favorite)
Hellhound on my Ale (great name)
Chateau Jihau


Photo credit to Shauna

It was a nice day, with some great beers (and assorted other fermented beverages) and good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.