Sunday, June 20, 2010

Needing an Ethnographic Eytomologist

As I was walking down the street, I came between two men having a conversation that I was able to overhear. The reason that I was able to over hear this conversation is because they were having it from opposites sides of Madison Avenue.

They were talking about --- and one gentleman said to the other, "No, I haven't seen --- since that n**** merc'd me."

I have no idea what this means.

Now Urban Dictionary provides two definitions, neither of which fit the above statement.

This is and will continue to bother me until I figure it out (or forget it).

Any help would be appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Laquanda:

    Please don't smoke my bowel. Please.

    Your Friend,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. But would that be a conversation that you would have with someone?

    And the casual racism of Urban Dictionary is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casual racism aside, I hope I'm never, ever in a position to have a conversation with someone in which I ask them not to smoke my bowel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't really care how the sausage gets made...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I wonder if an etymologist could help? Unless you think they were talking about bugs? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to embarrass you!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.