Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I hope the fences we've mended fall down beneath their own weight



First of all, I love that someone made a video for this song from clips from Moral Orel, especially since the Mountain Goats were used a couple of times on the show. It makes sense for a show about regret, alcoholism, suffering, and the ennui of living a life that you are not meant for.

I am drowning
there is no sign of land
you are coming down with me
Hand in unloveable hand
and I hope you die
I hope we both die


I am still playing with the idea of a Facebook group trying to get the Mountain Goats here as part of the Roots and Branches program at the Egg.

Mostly because I want to hear all of Tallahassee live and the Egg is a wonderful stand in for the depressing imagery presented by the lyrics.

Slightly off topic, I have been listening to this album as I have been falling asleep over the past couple of days and I have had surprisingly dream free nights or the dreams I have had have been pleasant and enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. I would "like" it. I love the Mountain Goats. Heretic Pride and Lovecraft in Brooklyn, off the top of my head, are excellent tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would make me so very happy. And Lovecraft in Brooklyn is brilliant...I wish the original video was still on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.