Monday, April 11, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days - Day 16

Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate

A song that I loved but now hate? Nope. I don't think there is one. Not since childhood, or at least early teen years. There is a song that I liked but now I can't stand. Maybe because of the ubiquity of it or maybe because it is just so f***ing bad.

You can guess who it is. I will give you a minute.

Want a hint.

Superbowl Halftime Show.

Got it?

Yeah, Black Eyed Peas.

Now can you guess the song?

Need another hint?

It was Number One on the Hot 100 List for 14(!) weeks!

Yep, it is "I Gotta Feeling".

I hate this song with a passion that is surprising.

Anyway, here it is.

8 comments:

  1. How can you hate such a magnificent, upbeat tune? It pumps up my liver and makes me feel like dancing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I am a superficial douche who takes myself too seriously and does not like to have fun...

    Or...

    It just isn't that good of a song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ned, I feel this way about every single Gin Blossoms song. Loved the album when it came out but now cringe when any of them come on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, they didn't age nearly as well as Hootie & the Blowfish did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not at all surprised that you hate this song, Nedward, but I am slightly shocked to find out that you liked it at all, however temporarily. Was this back before you unloaded Fergie to Josh Duhamel in a Peter Frampton-brokered poker game?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matthew, I believe the first time I heard it, I was always having absinthe for the first time...at least I hope that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And by absinthe, I mean the real stuff, not the stuff that has recently become legal in these United States.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real absinthe does indeed cover a multitude of sins.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.