Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Things

Breakfast at Duncan's Dairy Bar makes me happy.




(See? I can change it up. There is bacon.)

McSweeney's has an iOS app. This makes me even happier than the Vulture app that came out the other day.

The Mets showed some life last night, which is nice because they have not done anything like this all season.

TEA & I are going to see a very cheesy movie tomorrow (A Dolphin's Tale) and I think he is going ironically to appease his "old man". My plan is to get Indian food afterward. My plans never work out.

Teacher Dave just rocked out to "My Heart Will Go On" which is better than that Adele song (Sorry Paige and HJ77...not really) but not as good as "I Will Survive".

Question of the Day: Do you like Journey or do you like them ironically? At this point, is it possible to love them with anything but irony? (I am looking at you, Shauna.) (Teacher Dave loves them both ways. I like them as a punchline.) Or is Journey sort of a more joke worthy example of Rush? People were rabid in their fandom and now look back on it with the same embarrassment reserved for feathered hair...






2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I feel any irony in my love for Journey. Certainly no embarrassment. Then again, I don't have much pride . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like Journey, in a completely ironic way but I cannot imagine liking them legitimately.

    Well, I suppose I could...I have had a concussion (or three).

    It would be like that, no?

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.