Monday, April 30, 2012

Eddie Money Monday

Because it was National Pretzel Day
The pretzels at the Recovery Sports Grill were okay but the Bavarian Cheese Sauce was something really interesting. (NB: Interesting does not always mean good and YMMV.) It was like a cheddar cheese soup that you would like to eat. The flavors included in this sauce were: cheddar cheese, beer, mustard, horseradish, black pepper, onions, shallots and they worked well together.

Of course, with every pretzel, there needs to be beer.

I really like that in more and more places you can get really good craft beers like the above Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

Life Lessons from Henry Rollins
Did you see this over the weekend?


I love Henry Rollins, for so very many reasons but this is just great in a "oh yeah, I am still bitter and angry, but please learn from my life" way and Rollins does that well.

Via Gawker

Grocery Store Challenge
Another thing that you should have seen but probably did not...
The article is entitled "Is Whole Foods Really That Much More Expensive?"

I have been overly concerned about other people's love of their grocery stores as of late, and I do not have a rational reason for why I am taking this so personally. It is a f***ing conveyance and why should I care about your choices. Anyway, this piece does go through the price discrepancy between the "Premium" grocery store and the pedestrian "Everyday" store.

Writing about your mentor's mentor
This excerpt in New York Magazine about the lesson from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance as well as Ben Bradlee and Bob Woodward is awesome, in a geeky way. Well, it may just be great for me as when I was describing it to a friend, they did not think it was nearly as cool.

Just like Ronny says...


There is no reason for this to be in my head, but it has been since about 6:30. Nice, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.