Monday, August 1, 2011

Cheers & Jeers for a Monday

Cheers to:
1) Seeing an awful movie (Cowboys and Aliens) with a good friend.
2) Realizing that I was reading a book from 1993 and listening to an album from 1992 on devices that were not even conceived of back then. (KSR's Mars books and Smashing Pumpkin's Siamese Dream)
3) Good times spent with friends and family.
4) Excessively long phone calls about nothingness with great people.
5) Looking ahead to being at the beach.
6) MTv turning 30 today.
7) Questionable Content turning 8 today.
8) Saranac's 12 Beers of Summer Sampler

Jeers to:
1) Half Marathon training. I point you to this (H/T to HJ77). Especially the part about running with other people. The reason I ride my bike or run is to be alone. I do not like people that much.
2) Not having any BBQ this week.
3) A deal on the debt ceiling that does not help the underlying issues.
4) Killing Clancy Brown in the first half of a movie.
5) A remake of Footloose and a film (staring Liam Neeson) that is based on Battleship. I am looking forward to Chutes and Ladders.
6) Brooke Gladstone looking like she sounds.
7) Someone taking my idea for a perfect Caprese salad and adding...avocado to it. What is up with that?
8) My sister only drinking Coors' Light.

4 comments:

  1. I warned you that you would not like what I did to your idea. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado? *sigh*

    I least I have Hipster Hitler to understand me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Yes, at least you have HH to understand you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That deserved a "wow"?

    I was an aging hipster jackass before I was an old.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.