Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Because I have a personal life...

When TEA and I were watching football on Sunday, I casually asked TEA if there were any cute girls in his class that he may or may not be interested in.

He gave me a look.

"What?"

"No, Dad."

"What do you mean? There aren't any cute girls in your class?"

"Dad!"

"What?"

"There is my life outside and part of my life that is personal."

"Excuse me?"

"But Dad..."

"TEA, I am your father and you can talk with me about anything. You should talk to me about anything."

"Okay Dad"

"So, I am asking if there is anyone that you think is cute. I am not teasing you, I just wanted to know about what is going on in your life."

"No, Dad. Not really."

"Not really?"

"No, Dad, there isn't."

"TEA if there is anything I can talk about it is awkward interactions with girls."

"Yeah, Dad, I know."

What does that mean? He knows?

This moment in parenting theater was brought to you by "I Really Love My Son".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.