Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yes, it is a Saturday...



I have some amazing and wonderful friends...

Let me explain. I really like David Plotz. Earlier in the summer, Plotz wrote of piece for Slate that I found interesting which ended up pissing FAU off. (FAU's comments regarding the flaws in methodology for the piece are accurate and are in no way a reflection that FAU may be moving to the unhinged portion of middle age. I do not see him yelling at toasters for another three weeks or so.)

As part of this, I took my birthday off my profile on Facebook. FAU noticed last week and because he believes that I take little things and make much bigger deals out of them, he called me out on it. When I responded in my typical douchey way, he upped the ante. Essentially, he e-mailed thirty or so of my friends and encouraged them to tell me that: A) Plotz was wrong, B) FAU is correct, and C) wish me something about my nativity. When the messages started popping up this morning, I turned to HJ77 and asked her if FAU had sent out an e-mail. He had. He is a good friend as well as a bastard.

Speaking of good friends...HJ77, Teacher Dave, Sandor, and Anya all joined me at McGeary's yesterday for happy hour and you know what, it was really a happy hour. Thank you. Oh, and HJ77 has be wonderful and really supportive and (gifts! I hate gifts! I love her for ignoring my protests and paying attention to me for what I was planning on getting for myself.) wonderful, as I have a tendency to be particularly moody when it comes to Labor Day Weekend.

It was a wonderful Friday and I am looking forward to it being a great rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.