Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Mix Tape

I may have suggested on Facebook the other day that I wanted to have someone to make a mixtape for. Not that I would make a tape (does anyone still have a tape recorder?) but Mix CD sounds odd and playlist that I put on a flashdrive is just wrong. I like making mix tapes. Maybe it stems from my time at WRUC but I was making them in high school, which proves that I am a child of the 80s (When The Mixtape Ruled).

So, I was thinking about this yesterday and I came to a decision about how it would set up.

Here it is:

1) Bibio - Lover's Carvings



2) Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats



3) The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition



4) The Naked and Famous - Girls Like You



5) Matt Nathanson - Faster



6) Sleater Kinney - Leave You Behind



7) Arcade Fire - Ready to Start (Live)*



8) The Airborne Toxic Event - All At Once



9) The Drums - How It Ended



10) Thom Yorke - Black Swan



11) The Mountain Goats - Oceanographer's Choice



What would be on your mixtape? Who would you make your mixtape for?


*Yes, I do have the mp3 of this video. It is my favorite version of the song.

Edit at 10:43: And I realized after I posted this that I left one out...



Wild Horses and in this case, I prefer the Sundays version to the Stones.

1 comment:

Be nice. Sign your name.