Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Randomness for a Tuesday Evening

This song came up on shuffle this afternoon. It made me laugh and smile.


This may be a song from the 1980s that is improved by a keyboard, especially when so many of the artists of the era used a keyboard to replace a horn section.

It was a beautiful day, with signs of spring apparent, and it was good to be out in it.

Hearing from a medical professional (one that you have been seeing for years and has a gruff demeanor to begin with) that, "there is nothing to worry about until I tell you there is something to worry about," is both disconcerting and oddly comforting. I have the feeling that he was not doing anything to save my feelings.

The comments on All Over Albany and Gothamist posts about a "Bicycle Registration and Licensing Fee" are classic.

From the Bill:

"The issuance of license plates will ensure personal protection for cases such as bicycle theft or bicycle accidents, to name a few."

Wow! That's awesome. My bike is already registered with the manufacturer and with Albany PD, and when I was hit by a car in the summer of 2009, I am sure having to register my bike with the state would have guaranteed the asshat with a SUNYA Faculty/Staff sticker would have been brought to justice for just driving away. What are the others? I mean, if there are other benefits, aside from a new revenue stream, would it not serve to Distinguished Member from Queens to elaborate on them?

2 comments:

  1. Ned, if you're not car, you're little people. (With apologies to Bladerunner.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Too bad she won't live..."

    Or now seeing that gas is over the $4.00 threshold, "All these memories (of cheap fuel) gone, like tears in the rain"

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.