Sunday, May 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasure Song #5

Do you even know who Aesop Rock is? It is totally okay if you don't. I had no clue who he was until this song, and that was because he collaborated with John Darnielle. I do not remember if it was Pretty Much Amazing, Pitchfork, or a friend (in all likelihood Paige) who introduced me to this song.

Mostly it was because of the last 20 seconds (the appearance of Darnielle) that made me like it.

But then I saw the video...

There is fake blood. There are zombies. There are boobies! There is really tight hip-hop.

It is wonderful and reminds me of the films of Germán Magariños, especially Zombie Apocalypse Now: A Zombie Hunter. (By the way, if you have not watched this film, you really can't call yourself a fan of the genre. Just sayin'.)


Favorite line:
"This is what they take...their medication for."

or

"T-A-K-E-N-O-P-R-I-S-O-N-E-R-S"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.