Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Shenanigans

TEA and I eat ribs and fries
Yes, TEA and I had a good night enjoying ribs and fries. (Thanks @FoFacy for the extra sauce.)
Yes, it was yummy.

Goodbye, Keith
I have made no attempt to hide that I am on Team Olbo, but I have not been watching Countdown on Current largely because my cable provider does not have a HD feed of Current and secondly because Michael Moore makes too many appearances. Well, Keith was fired yesterday. (The NY Times has more info here.) Yes, I like the humor of Rachel more at this point and Keith (along with Ed Shultz and Larry) has let his anger and rage obscure his message. I wish him luck and hopefully he will be able to find a baseball related position.

April Fools' Day and the Mets
For most fans, the annual listing of the roster is the April Fools' Joke of merit, but once, there was a great one. The Curious Case of Sidd Finch was a long form prank that was in SI. Splitsider has a good piece on it and it makes me long for the days before a certain level of snark and irony pervaded everything that way written. Sorry. Strike that. I would prefer the snark and ironic detachment to the cloyingly happy prose of most people, given the choice.

Word Choice
I caught up with some internet things this morning and I looked at a friend's LiveJournal (I know. The best platform of 1999!) and she mentioned that I had referred to her as being persnickety as of late (which is an accurate observation) and she remarked that she liked the word. I love the word persnickety. It evokes a very specific feeling of grumpiness.

per·snick·et·y/pərˈsnikətē/
Adjective:
Placing too much emphasis on trivial or minor details; fussy.
Requiring a particularly precise or careful approach.

Such a great work, but here is the best part. There is a synonym of persnickety; pernickety.

Oh, I love this and I am going to try to use it every chance I get.

Do you have a favorite word?

(I will admit that I have a love for the word sundries as well. JMFJT made fun of me for it. I mean actively mocked me. (Apparently, she is no longer blogging. That is a pity. I could have linked to the post.))

College Hockey
UConn is being considered for membership in Hockey East. This amuses me for a number of reasons but largely because is shows that Hockey East does not care about making their conference stronger in terms of both hockey and academics. So very sad, UConn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.