Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Bad for you breakfast

I feel a compelling need to make a wonderfully bad for you breakfast.

I really want scrapple for this breakfast. (By the way, if anyone knows where I can get scrapple in the Albany area, I would appreciate it.)

To accompany the scrapple, I want eggs cups. I love eggs cups. If you don't know what I am talking about, it is really simple.

Take a cupcake pan, butter liberally, and then take a piece of thinly sliced ham (two may be necessary) and use that as the cupcake wrapper in the pan. Crack one egg (brown, hopefully pastured and farm fresh) into the ham. Add salt, pepper, and crumbled cheddar and bake at 325 for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan and then serve.

With...

I want heavily butter challah toast to go with this.

In addition, completing the awesome amount of swine that is going into this, a complete rasher of baked bacon.

Oh, and hash browns...(I make mine very simply, use your favorite recipe)

And to drink...oh, what to drink?

I am thinking Bloody Mary and French Press Shade Grown French Roasted coffee.

So...

This meal may kill me, but...it sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?

Do any of you have any ideas for your own bad for you food breakfast?

2 comments:

  1. I'm an eggs benedict kind of guy when it comes to heart attack breakfasts, but the classic doesn't always do it for me. Perhaps two poached eggs over crab cakes and an english muffin smothered in hollandaise and hot sauce. Good home fries, a side of corned beef hash, and a french press of ethiopia yergacheffe.

    Yeah, that'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari, the crab cakes make it a classic and may I recommend a good cardiologist for you?

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.