Sunday, December 5, 2010

That's a new type of cheese

Last night, a friend and I went to Holmes & Watson for some beer and light fare.

Now, I have written about my love of poutine before and I am always willing to try someone's version of it.

However, being me, I had to ask what cheese they were using on their gravy, cottage fries, and cheese combo.

We had a very nice server and when I asked what type of cheese was being used, she happily responded with:

I don't know. I think it is Monetary Jack.


Yep, folks, that's what she said. Not a typo above. My friend and I looked at each other after the server had walked away and did the only thing we could.

We gave each other a high five and then giggled.

Now that makes me think that I should head to Monetary for my next getaway. Or maybe I should get Larry Summers to give a talk about Monterey Policy and the China problem.

I know that this could be seen as catty, but it was so very funny at the time and will continue to stay that way.

2 comments:

  1. Is Monetary Cheese anything like government cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but "Fed Cheese" is not cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.