Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days - Day 11

Day 11 – A song from your favorite band

My favorite band in the world is, easily, Radiohead.

Now, I could pick a song off of their new album (The King of Limbs), or one of my favorite album (OK Computer), or one that I have posted before ("There, There" which is my favorite song of theirs for one lyric) but I am not going to do any of those.

I am going to pick the song that really makes me think of Radiohead when I think of the band. Well, there are two, with Reckoner being the other one, but this song came along first and if someone has never heard the band before, this is always my first track for them.

For those of you who don't like Radiohead, this song was never one of their "hits" and it did not appear on a studio album. (Though it was a B-side and on one of the live albums.) Give up four minutes and give it a listen. Please. For me?



True Love Waits

I'll drown my beliefs
To have you be in peace
I'll dress like your niece
To wash your swollen feet

Just don't leave
Don't leave

I'm not living
I'm just killing time
Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

Just don't leave
Don't leave

And true love waits
In haunted attics
And true love lives
On lollipops and crisps

Just don't leave
Don't leave

Just don't leave
Don't leave

1 comment:

  1. Great tune, and I challenge anyone to find a creepier-yet-more heartbreaking lyric as "I'll dress like your niece".

    Curious as to the quote..."we are accidents waiting to happen"?

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Sign your name.