Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wicked Wednesday!

Seasonal Food and Sunshine
I am so looking forward to spring produce. I want radishes. I want spring lettuce. I want them both dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and cracked black pepper. I want to eat this outside with an overhopped beer (I am looking at you Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.) and with great company.

I know that I talk about things like this all the time, but this is a craving akin to "one more cigarette".

Run with the hunted*
So, I went for a run yesterday, knowing that my knees were bothering me, and I only made it a quarter of a mile before I had to stop. So, I decided that I was going to take some ibu, wait a hour, and go out again. The second time around, I was able to complete a mile at a thoroughly uninspiring eleven minute pace and had to call it quits because while my knees were not bothering me as much, my gait had changed enough that my stride was off and I was hurting myself. Yes, I am an idiot. Thank you, Karen, for validating my idiocy. I am now 14% of my way towards my monthly goal.

One of the issues with the lack of a run yesterday was I was planning on using it to help set the straps on my CamelBak so that I could go trail running on Sunday. Why do I want to go trail running? Yeah, I do not know but it seems like a good way to set myself up for hiking season. I have spoken to Teacher Dave and FAU about getting out and doing some good hikes this spring and summer.

This morning, I had the best of intentions about heading out, but I was also smart enough to realize that attempting it this morning would be a bad idea. That does not mean that I am not
going to attempt a run at lunch. I will keep you in the loop. Not that you care but more so that you can laugh at my stupidity.
*Run with the hunted.

Union Hockey
The Ducthmen have landed!

Doctor Who?!?
I love the 8-bit games based in pop culture. The one for Doctor Who is great.

As River Song would say, "Spoilers!"

Via io9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.