Monday, May 23, 2011

The Desert Island Disc

The other night, I was asked for my Desert Island Disc.

I told my friend that she already had a copy (Thank you, Dropbox.) and she was confused. She had assumed that my Desert Island Disc was a combination of music by various artists.

This got me thinking. What would be on my disc? To iTunes and my list of music.

I was able to get it down to 57.

Now to get it down to 20.

What would you keep? What would you remove?

What ends up on the disc for my friend?

The following music is in alpha order by artist. I tried not to duplicate artists. Though, Sia, Morrissey, and Radiohead make it on the the list twice in different ways.

   
No Cars Go Arcade Fire
Dry the Rain The Beta Band
Thirteen Big Star
No Rain Blind Melon
This Modern Love Bloc Party
Circles Bob Mould
The River Bruce Springsteen
Overkill [Acoustic Version] Colin Hay
Freckle Copper
Out Of Touch Daryl Hall and John Oates
Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect The Decemberists
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding Elvis Costello
Easy Faith No More
Best Of You Foo Fighters
Freedom George Michael
Sweet Child O' Mine Guns N' Roses
Unsung Helmet
Malibu Hole
Vicarious Haunting Holy Roman Empire
Pink Turns to Blue Hüsker Dü
Lust for Life Iggy Pop
This Is The Day Ivy
Just Because Jane's Addiction
99 Anthems Jaydiohead
Steppin' Out Joe Jackson
Omission John Frusciante
Crosses Jose González
Hallelujah Leonard Cohen
Something About You Level 42
Big & Tall Lifter
Divorce Song Liz Phair
Girlfriend Matthew Sweet
Kids MGMT
Wanna be startin' somethin' Michael Jackson
Suedehead Morrissey
Oceanographer's Choice The Mountain Goats
Against All Odds Phil Collins
Here Comes Your Man Pixies
Don't Stand So Close To Me '86 The Police
Let's Go Crazy Prince & the Revolution
At My Most Beautiful R.E.M.
True Love Waits Radiohead
Gimme Shelter The Rolling Stones
Phantom Limb The Shins
The Girl Sia
America Simon & Garfunkel
Jump In the River Sinéad O'Connor
Underwhelmed Sloan
Disarm Smashing Pumpkins
How Soon Is Now The Smiths
Fortress Around Your Heart Sting
Voices Carry 'Til Tuesday
The Grudge Tool
Oh! Sweet Nuthin' The Velvet Underground
O Girlfriend Weezer
Everything She Wants Wham!
Throw It All Away - Feat. Sia Zero 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.