Monday, May 23, 2011

Truer words are rarely said

"The world needs more liberally educated, tech-savvy people," Kelly said.
IBM donates supercomputer to Union College - Times Union

I know a lot of technologists who do not read.  I know a number of people who are afraid of technology.

The few people that I know well who are both (McKern, Lux, Sandor) are some of the most exceptional people in my world.  My hope is that TEA will grow up in a world where he is encouraged to study both philosophy as well as engineering. 

I would also like a world where people took just a little bit of time to understand how computers work.  It should not be acceptable for an adult (especially one who uses a computer every day) to say that they do not understand what is happening or what is wrong with their device. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Sign your name.